Sunday, December 11, 2011

Point of View Essay

*This is my point of view essay, in the perspective of Miranda's little brother Johnny. I am reading the book "Life As We Knew It" by Susan Beth Pfeffer.*

Lunar Disturbance

May 18th

“Are we going to die?”
“No, we are not going to die! Don’t you ever say that again! Do you hear me Johnny? We are all going to be just fine. We are some of the most fortunate people in the world right now. We are not going to die.”
Mom sounded so scared. I could see that she wasn’t so sure that we weren’t going to die. After she saw the meteor hit the moon, I knew immediately that she was worried. I didn’t know what to think. I didn’t know how my life was going to be changed. I didn’t know how the world was going to be changed.

All I could think about was tomorrow. Was this real? Would the moon just be gone in the morning? Can I skip school tomorrow? After I thought about that I started to think that this wasn’t such a bad thing.

May 19th

School wasn’t canceled today. All of the electricity was out. It comes on from time to time. But the moon is still there, almost as big and bright as the sun. A storm started at about 3:00 this morning, and it hasn’t stopped. It was weird being at school. It seemed empty, because there was hardly anyone there. Even though the thunder and lightning were loud, the school seemed so quiet.

May 20th

I didn’t have any homework last night. So I was pretty much bored out of my mind without electricity. So I went to bed at 7:00. Now it’s 4:00AM and it’s raining. Will this be my life now? Are we going to die?

3 comments:

  1. I like how you put the dates in this piece like it did in the book, and this had great details, but you use the word "So" alot to begin your sentences so watch that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was TRYING to use syntactical patterns.... but ok. Ahahaha, thanks for the help. :P

    ReplyDelete